Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Classes, Parades, and more Classes...

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you about the school here and the classes I teach, since I haven't been able to update since I got out of the hospital..... The school's name is: My Little Red House Bilingual School. It is a little , cozy, adorable school. It teaches kindergarten to 7th graders. I teach all grades except 4th grade. I mostly teach reading classes in English. My schedule changes from day to day, with a few exceptions. I teach reading to 1st graders (only on Friday) reading to: 2nd, 3rd, and 6th graders throughout the week. Grammar to 5th graders. I teach a journal/ conversation class to the 7th graders. This class is mostly to get them speaking and practicing their English, which I think for being my newest class (I am a week into it) its going great! I am really excited about it. Also M-Th I read a story to kindergarten and the Preparatory class (which are the kids going to first grade next year.) I am enjoying my time here in the school, as well as at Casa de Maria. I have been in two school parades, I carried signs and stuff, it was awesome!!!! And the latest thing I have done was be on tv here, for the school. I was on it with my 7th graders, two of my 1st graders and one of my 3rd graders. Plus the whole 4th grade class.... It was fun, I think the kids really enjoyed their time. Plus it's all in English , so it gets out to the people who live in Ocotepeque that they speak English and shows them what the school is like and how we are helping the kids here. I was sooooooo nervous I thought I was going to puke, but it was good for the kids, so we fought through our nerves and showed all of Ocotepeque what we were made of. I fidgeted alot with the papers I had in front of me, but hey we all got through it and had a blast. Even though my "blast" came from it getting over with...lol.... well just wanted to update you all so you knew what I was doing here, and about all my classes. I will be writing another blog here shortly about my birthday too. It was great! Talk to you sooooooon. Love and Miss U All!!!! God Bless!

No comments: