Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Home Sweet Home...

Hi again...Sorry its been such a long time since ive written a blog...Its been an up and down kinda life style for me lately. For those who don't already know i was put in the hospital in Honduras in August due to gastroentritis or severe food poisoning (not sure which but they go together so it doesnt much matter)... it was a nightmare to cut the story short.... i finally was released and got back to teaching my kiddos in Ocotepeque, but kept getting sick over and over... I also noticed i was having pain throughout my arms and legs alot- and just didn't have the energy to get up and move around... I also noticed when my kids would give me hugs or hang on me it was hurting more then anything else.. I kept trying to push through but after i moved to Comayagua, I got ultrasounds and had many visits with the doctors there i was told it would be best to come on home to get my health straightened out. So after 3 different docs telling me this i decided to pack my stuff and head on home... I got back early February but during the time of me coming home it was also a busy time for mom and dad with packing and moving stuff and figuing out what stays and what goes due to the fact that we were moving to Florida due to dad's job moving here..so its been a busy transition and tough with sooo many doctors visits... I've been to several docs..i've gotten poked and stuck with lotsss of needles and had tons of x-rays and cat scans..but everything was coming back normal so i was getting very frustrated. We finally got a doctor to help figure out what was going on and would listen. After several tests she ruled with lots of confidence that I have: acid reflux (which we kinda thought), i am also lactose intolerant which we already knew as well- But the maian problems are i have IBS(irratable bowl syndrome) and Fibromayalgia and with everything adding up; I'm in a nutshell miserable and full of pain. I am working with the doctors to figure out medication that will help with the pain and stiffness that doesnt have too bad of side effects. The 1st meds i tried made me sooo sick, the meds i am on now help some but we're not sure how well or long I'll be on them.. I am getting an appointment in June to see a rhumetologist to see what all i can do for the pain, and to help get things straightened and managed better. I have good days and bad days. The good days are great i can move around,I'm not in too much pain but i always have a little, but im not stiff and i have energy and thats awesome. but on the bad days i cant hardly get out of bed, i hurt so bad and am so stiff i cant hardly move my fingers or legs plus im totally drained with no energy so its been up and down alot. But through it all i know Gods got a plan for me and He's always with me so im relying on Him to guide my doctors and help me get back to real living...and to show me my next step in life. Its soo nice to be home while im so up and down with being sick. I love our new place, its little and cozy and we got a poooooool can you say FUN!,but its a blessing in disguise becuase that has been the best excersie to help my stiffness and pain throughout my body. Sometimes life's confusing or rough but these are the times that I know Gods trying to teach me and mold me for what he has in store next. So im excited. Im soo thankful for my parents helping me and dealing with their big baby cause thats what i turn into when i hear another test, another needle, another I.V. and let me tell u its nooooo fun! but im getting through it and since my doctors confident in the diagnosis the pokes and prods should be over with for the most part...Just please continue to pray for me as were figuring out meds right now. And thanks for all the prayers so far they have helped out more then i can say. Well my fingers are yelling saying no more typing so im gonna hop off here for now... Love and Blessing to you all...I'll update again soon! TTYL :)

No comments: